How we collect your personal data
Your personal data may be collected by us in a number of ways including:
- through our provision of services to you, your employer or the organisation you represent;
- during the course of dealings with you for or on behalf of a client;
- when you provide information to us by filling in forms on this website;
- when you contact us;
- when we collect publicly available information about you or your business (including through electronic data sources).
The type of personal data that we may collect
The categories of your personal data that we may collect include the following:
Contact details (including names, postal addresses, email addresses and
Professional information such as job titles, previous roles, and professional
experience and qualifications;
Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to traffic data,
location data, and web logs;
Use of personal information
We process personal information about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you as permitted under applicable law;
- To improve the content and methods of delivery of our website;
- To maintain and develop our relationship with you;
- To carry out services we have agreed to provide to you;
- To comply with legal and professional obligations; and
- To disclose your information as set out below.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. When we collect contact information from you (for example, when you provide us with your business card or when you are the person instructing us on behalf of your employer), we may add your details to our contacts database and to our mailing lists.
You can exercise the right at any time by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer and use of your personal information
We do not sell on or rent out the information collected via our website or otherwise provided to us.
We may disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so;
- You have consented to us sharing your information in this way;
- It is relevant in the circumstances to disclose the information to our website service providers such as hosting, storage fulfilment and disaster recovery, subject to appropriate technical systems and on a limited use basis only;
- In order to investigate or respond to or resolve problems or inquiries or defend our interests (including, but not limited to, professional indemnity insurers, brokers, auditors and other professional advisors).
Using the internet to collect and process personal information involves the transmission of information on an international basis. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; any transmission is at your own risk. Although we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to this website or otherwise sent to us electronically. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
It is our policy to virus check documents and files before they are posted on our website. However, we cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from our website will be free from viruses and we do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any virus. For your own protection, you should use virus-checking software when using our website.
Access to, updating and correcting your information
The privacy law gives individuals the right to access and amend their personal information. If you would like to request a copy of your information or would like to change the information we hold about you, please contact us.
We want to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to your TBP contact or email@example.com
You may ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.